Although it’s never been easier to create and launch an app, it’s still incredibly hard to stand out from the competition. Usable apps are the norm today, but apps that make customers feel like they’re interacting with a human, not a computer, are a rare breed.
In this workshop you’ll see real world examples of brands that use personality and emotional design to make their products feel human. We’ll explore key business benefits of emotional design, and learn how to create a design persona, the foundation of brand personality. You’ll also learn how to shape the voice of your brand, considering how your product would speak in moments of triumph and crisis, resulting in a human experience.
What You’ll Learn
- Principles of emotional design that will influence your next project
- How brand personalities make businesses small and large more successful
- How to identify emotional traits of your audience that will influence how you communicate
- How to create a design persona that clearly defines your brand’s personality
Who This Workshop is For
Designers and UX practitioners of any level that want to learn how to go beyond creating usable interfaces to create memorable, emotionally engaging experience will find value in this workshop.
- 09:00 – An introduction to emotional design
- 10:30 – Morning tea
- 11:00 – Exercise 1: Using empathy maps to better understand users
- 11:45 – The power of personality in design
- 12:30 – Lunch
- 13:30 – Exercise 2: Creating Design Personas
- 15:00 – Afternoon tea
- 15:30 – Shaping the voice of a brand
- 16:45 – The risks and rewards of emotional design
- 17:00 – Finish
Aarron taught design at colleges in the US and Europe for nearly a decade, and speaks at conferences around the world. His design guidance has helped the White House, the US Department of State, and dozens of startups and venture capitalists. He tweets about design under the moniker @aarron on Twitter.
Full Day Workshop / April 7, 2014
Perets Bernstein 7 st.